Friday, June 6, 2008

Let the games begin

I'm supposed to be telling you how cute it is that Sam has not only learned to toast, but thinks it's so much fun that he'll double-fist milk and juice in order to have more cups to go chink-chink with (it really is adorable). Instead, I feel compelled to share the poop story of the day. After dinner and before bath each night comes a time that Sam cherishes - naked time! Only sometimes, I don't do totally naked time ... I take off the pants, socks, and diaper but leave the onesie. That way, his bum gets some air time but he stays warmer. That was the plan tonight, and I'm still not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing. It kept the mess off the floor, but probably made clean-up much more complicated than it would have been otherwise. Yep, that's right. He pooped in the onesie. And it was a total stealth poop ... no pause in play, no grunting to alert me to what was going on. He just wandered over to give me a hug smelling rather rank and wearing a VERY droopy onesie. This is Day 1 (of 9) of my first solo parenting adventure (Jed's in France). I have to wonder what else is in store!?!

No comments: