Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Best gift ever

I felt really rotten on Sunday. I basically just laid around being pathetic while Sam and Jed enjoyed a gorgeous fall afternoon. They went grocery shopping late in the afternoon and Sam did the sweetest thing EVER! I was laying on the couch in the den when they got home. As the front door was opening, I heard Jed say "Gentle, Sam. Gentle." I couldn't figure out what on earth he'd given Sam to carry that he'd have to be gentle with. And the way the door swings open, I couldn't see anything. Then Sam ducks around the door into the den holding a bunch of tulips ... coral/orange with yellow tips (my favorites!). Jed swears it was Sam's idea, that Sam picked the color and okay'ed the bunch that Jed pulled out of the rack, then insisted on carrying them out of the store, all the way home and into the house to me. I almost cried!

1 comment:

Crusiana said...

Awwwww, what a sweet boy. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.